28. Februar 2006

babyquilt III - fuzzy cut

yesterday i was stash-diving again. this time for sandy beiges, some yellows and earthy tones. don´t have many of these, as i usually don´t like those colors. but i need a "beach" for the quilt, so here´s what i found:




i love the fabrics with the printed shells!
then i cut the blocks (did i mention that i don´t like cutting with templates? it´s so time-consuming!) and laid them out on my cutting table.
i need to do this because i don´t have a design-wall and want to audition the fabrics before sewing.




as you can see i used dark brown shades as well as bright yellow, off-white and even a muddy green. there´s often a kind of grass growing on the northern shore, but it´s mostly colored brown-green. there´s also a small amount of blue... maybe a wave runs out on the sand?

and i finished the first quarter of the center top (the sea):




i´m rather satisfied with the result, though it could be better. but i like it :)

hope i will get to sew today because i have to pack my things for the music academy, where i will be for the next five days. our quire will record a cd and we booked the recording studio of this academy from wednesday to sunday. we will record the songs our conductor himself has written. hopefully the cd turns out well... keep your fingers crossed ;)

hope you´ll check back some time later.

Kommentare :

  1. wow, it seems your day has a lot more hours than mine
    or I'm just sloooow. You finished a lot and I just have sewn about 5 seams
    at my design challenge project ( mental note to me: when not on trial anymore at my new work, I need to work less and sew more...)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. i didn´t even cut anything for design challenge. sister comes first ^^

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Wow, you have been busy. Enjoy your trip to the music academy. I hope the recording goes well.

    AntwortenLöschen

Danke, daß Du Dir Zeit nimmst, mir einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen, ich freue mich sehr darüber! ♥
-----
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate each one! ♥