the pattern comes from the actual mrs. stylebook (early summer edition 06):
i drafted the pattern and cut it already last week, but as everytime something else kept me from sewing.
there was this beautiful rose-embroidered poplin i ordered at eQuilter some time ago. it was still there, waiting for the right pattern to come along.
... an dieser stelle ein dickes dankeschön an die one and only helfe-elfe, die mir mit ganz wunderbarer faltenrock-mathematik ausgeholfen hat! wer wüßte nicht... hüfte minus taille durch vier plus faltentiefe ist dann ..... ;)
after having mathematical help from the mentioned helfe-elfe i decided to use a fork to make the pleats somehow equal. the technique is desribed at sew´n´sushis homepage.
i wanted this skirt because it looked interesting - the seamwidth is smaller than the width at the waist. looks like a tulip, if you ask me :)
the hem was eliminated, i prefered to add a hem facing as described in threads magazine no. 124. as my fabric didn´t need more embellishment this was made to add some "weight" to the hemline, now the skirt is perfectly to wear.
a zipper was inserted at the left side seam and a snap button at the waistband. normally i would have prefered a standard black button, but my machine thought different. after the first buttonhole failed because of missing transport of my machine i ripped it and used soluble web and tried again. after opening the buttonhole, i didn´t even need to rip it. it was just ... gone...
so i ripped the whole waisband, cut a new one and decided to go with that snap button. life can be so easy...
and now pueppi presents the new skirt with elegance and grace, as usual: