20. November 2006

For your records

whiplash theme for november is "alt craft".
Something I really couldn´t feel related to in the first moment. I´m not alternative, and I feel deeply sorry for it, but I´m not the kind of girl who would wear a skirt made from cans of a well-known softdrink... *g*
Not that I don´t like alt crafts. There are hundreds of beautiful things, but I just don´t get the feeling... the mood... I´m too square for it, I think.

Anyway... I´m doing some christmas crafting right now and suddenly it came across my mind that what I actually did for a cousin might match into the "alternative" scheme, so I enter this purse into this month competition:

sideview

About an hour ago it still looked like a little hedgehog, but now it´s finished and ready to be a christmas present for a nice young lady with a faible for handbags and two left hands. She always asks for selfmade presents, so what might be better for her?!

This purse is made from old records - you can see the covers in the background. For those who might recognize them: It´s Roy Black and Christian Anders... (please imagine a maniac laughter at this point... I just HAD to CUT them DOWN!)

fabrics carry

I added a small pocket for her cell phone in the lining because I know that she always seeks for her cell (must run in the family, I think... just like searching the keys)

cellphonepocket

Some of my returning visitors know that I´ve made purses like that one before - for myself, for charlotte and for my sister, but it took me until now to recognize that maybe what I do is considered "alternative" in a wider range.

Well, so I´m alternative. a bit. a tiny little bit.
Good to know - and thank you, whip up! You always make me think different and force me to find out new things.


*** EDIT on Dec., 30th: Due to somehow high interest in this bag it will be available in my shop. After seeing some copies I decided so. ***

Kommentare :

  1. That's not alt-craft, that's cruel-craft!I Can't believe you've killed Christian Anders and Roy Black for this admittedly interesting and funny purse... Don't you have a heart? What's waiting to be led to the shambles next?!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. That is freakin brilliant! How the hell do you get the holes in there with out splitting the record?

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Alex - thanks! I still have some Heintje records laying around here... do you want them? I know it... you desperately LONG for them *gg*

    Amy, the holes are drilled with a special drill, but very careful. Usually it takes at least 3 records to make one purse. They DO split...

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. charlotte13:14

    yesssss
    I own one of only three purses, art made by madhatter. one day, they will be auctioned off for millions of euros.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I think that with this bag you've showed that you are NOT square at all - I love it! :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. maaaaaamaaaaaaa.....
    Hab ich schon ;-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. millions... would be nice *g*
    maybe then i finally could take some real sewing lessons... i´d hire e&k for that matter ^^

    thanks hilde! i hope my cousin will like it, too!

    alex - echt... du hast heintje? *röchel*
    darf ich den zerschneiden? BIIIITTEEEEEEE..... *giergiergier*
    meine tante rückt ihre heintje-platten nicht raus...

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Mäddi, dafür gibt es doch Haushaltsauflösungen :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. charlotte12:39

    ich hab noch ganz tolle platten, aber da dürfte nie ein loch hinein.... alte CCR und stones lps. neiiiiiiiiin!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. charlotte16:51

    madhatter hat schon wieder gewonnen. hurray for maddy! she won something nice again. whiplash is made for you, dear.


    wir sind zu gering.... ;-D

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. That is fabulous! Great job, and very professional looking. I bow to your craftyness!! ;-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Ich fass es nicht, ich bin zu spaet gekommen, um meine Favoriten zu nennen... ging irgendwie zu schnell diesmal. Aber es ging offensichtlich ja auch so ;-)
    Glueckwunsch zum erneuten Gewinn, Frau Whiplash!!!

    AntwortenLöschen

Danke, daß Du Dir Zeit nimmst, mir einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen, ich freue mich sehr darüber! ♥
-----
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate each one! ♥