... witch of the south.
That's what I am. Deal with it.
What you see pictured here is the laceweight version of "Wicked" pattern by Zephyr Style. Obviously with long sleeves.
Knit on 4.5 / 3.5 mm circular needles
Yarns: Bingo by Lana Grossa & Kid Light by Schachenmayr.
I chose to knit the pattern a size larger than I would have needed, because I mainly will wear this over blouses or turtleneck sweaters, so I need some "extra space" to feel comfortable with all the mohair-hairs.
The sweater is very soft (yeah, it's KID mohair!) and incredibly warm for it's weight (less than 200 grams!), I feel like a Teddybear when I'm wrapped up in it!
- The pattern is supereasy to follow.
- I LOVE how the collar with the twisted stitches turned out!
- You can work "blind" while watching TV or reading.
- It's completely worked in the round. You only have a minimum of loose ends to weave in.
- Knit-knit-knit. I got bored pretty quick, and the laceweight version has a LOT of stitches! It seemed to be more and more the nearer I got to the end of this project... *g*
I will make another version of Wicked later this year.
It will be a worsted weight version (like KBs version) with short sleeves.
Because there won't be mohair, I will use the smaller size to get the fitted look the pattern picture provides. AND I will make the pocket, which was one of the reasons for me to buy this pattern (really, I love the kangaroo style pocket!).
*speaking with the Trelawney-voice* "Well, I can see that there will be serious sewing in my near future, but it's hidden in the mists..."
Go & have some fun out there!