4. Januar 2008

Rubblework rollup

As said before, the Rubblework scarf by Kathy of Pink Chalk Studio is fun to make and a pretty quick sew - at least if you are not like me and spend about 2 hours just to find the "right" fabrics for every scarf (and recipient)...
I've made some versions for christmas, as I totally love how versatile the pattern comes out with different fabric choices. Time to show off a little...

Polka dotted quilting cotton, embossed velvet, black dupioni silk and pink kimono silk, backed with black wool flannel (you may now guess who got this one...):

Rubblework

Totally love this version! I have to admit that I almost wanted to keep it for myself. But you should always give away what you want most, right?!

Quilting cotton with a fairy theme and a tweed-like mixture of wool and silk for a special "Elfe". Isn't this fabric drop-dead gorgeous?

Rubblework

And another version from quilting cottons and a soft cotton bouclé fabric for my fave cousin. I really like how the turquoise and green contrasts the brown and white!

You can see some additional pictures of the scarfs on flickr, as usual...
Next up: Making my own rubblework scarf!

Go see other people's versions of these scarfs on flickr and then go ahead and make your own! ^-^

Kommentare :

  1. this is beautiful, I love this scarf

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Sehr schöne Stoff- und Farbzusammenstellungen ;).

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Beautiful work Katrin! What lovely versions of the scarf - The turquoise and brown may be my favorite, but the pink & black has got me brainstorming....

    I am sure all the recipients love them, what wonderful gifts.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. They're so gorgeous - worth the hours of hunting down the right fabrics!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I love my polkadot scarf very much! thank you maddy! ;))

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. drop dead gorgeous... I think I might copy this one too, since I might have enough leftovers from other projects to make one :) But first I need to do more stashburning

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. That pink/black/velvet scarf is unbelievable! Love the others, too. I've made several Rubblework Scarves, and it's a great pattern, isn't it?

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Wow, sooooo cool! Well done!

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. okay - i am going to have to get on the tubble scarf bandwagon and make one, or two or maybe 6 of these...

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Ohh...you have made so many lovely things since I last visited your blog! The turkey look delicious :-)

    Happy New Year!!!

    AntwortenLöschen

Danke, daß Du Dir Zeit nimmst, mir einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen, ich freue mich sehr darüber! ♥
-----
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate each one! ♥