Twinkle, twinkle little toe!

12. Januar 2007
twinkletoes

When I saw these over at knitty, there was no way to get around them.

At first glance I knew immediately that they were just right as a birthday present for my friend, who´s a cutie².
I browsed the web to see how the pattern would work (okay, and to take a sneak peak what other people do...) and found some very wonderful Twinkletoes in different colors and sizes in blogland. Seems many people have them on their to-do-list, too!
See some more Twinkletoes over at flickr.

I chose a very soft, fluffy yarn (cool wool) in a pale pink, grabbed some 4.0 mm needles and off I went.

Things I´ve learned while knitting these nice ballerina shoes:
- I love the right and left lifted increase. Looks very distinguished...
- I don´t like wrap & turn and take up the wraps in the next row(s). I did w&t before, but this time it was just bugging me.
- Sewing leather soles to a knit thing is boring. I did it anyways, as I don´t want my ballerina to slip and break a leg... wouldn´t be a nice present. *g*
- If you make one pair as a present, you´ll surely be needing one pair for yourself. They´ll look very cute in black, don´t you think?!

twinkletoes

These cuties are quick to make and fun to knit. You should cast on some for yourself!

Kommentare:

  1. May we call you "Madette" the mad black swan then?

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. theSwan08:09

    yours should be black with a little skull. very nice. and then you hopp around the little swan lake in your garden. with a tutu.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. the swan? no.
    miss swan. *eg*
    maybe.
    but i won´t dance (or "hopp"...). left that behind years ago. won´t hop for no-one ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Sure? I mean, if a certain pirate appears... and invites you to a dance. Or a man, who usually dislikes dancing but makes an exception for you? Huh?

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. rumpelstilzchen14:30

    ach, wie gut, dass niemand weiß...

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. *sigh*
    you mean they want to dance first?
    ....

    ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Maybe they want to have your famous turkey and the baked apples first... *fg*

    AntwortenLöschen

Danke, daß Du Dir Zeit nimmst, mir einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen, ich freue mich sehr darüber! ♥