Mile High Strawberry Pie. Yum!!!

7. Mai 2007
The season is coming, and it's time to use up those strawberries that still sleep in the freezer. One of my favourite recipes is the "Mile high strawberry pie".
There are several versions of this pie out there, I'm sharing my version (which I have from a friend) with you.
mile high

You'll need to make a single pie crust first (for a 9" pan). As I don't own a 9" pan, my pie has a 27 cm diameter, but this receipe will work out anyways.
(Footnote: I only use a pinch of salt and a tsp sugar instead - I hate salty pie crusts!)

For the filling you'll need:
4 egg whites
a pinch of salt
1 cup sugar (ca. 200 g)
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 cups frozen strawberries, along with all juices
1 cup (or 200 ml) heavy whipping cream (für die wwler unter uns: Es geht auch wunderbar mit Cremefine zum Schlagen!)
some fresh strawberries for decoration, if you want

Beat the egg whites along with a pinch of salt until it stands in stiff peaks.
Slowly beat in the sugar. The consistency should be somewhat creamy, it should look shiny and stand in soft peaks.

With a spoon or fork, mash strawberries a bit, so there are no big pieces left.
Add lemon juice to strawberries, then stir strawberry mixture into meringue.

Beat cream, then gently fold whipped cream under strawberry meringue until there are no white stripes left.

Pour filling into completely cooled pie shell, mounding it in the center.
Put in the freezer for about 3 - 4 hours.

Take pie out ca. 30 minutes before serving.

I can tell it tastes like ice-cream heaven!
YUMMY!!!

Kommentare:

  1. mmmh! lecker! I should make some... we've had strawberries for a while already :)
    And die Maus is great :))

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. f-dwarf14:46

    mmmmmmmh, yummie. just the right cake for a fighting dwarf!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. yummy...must have time to bake!

    AntwortenLöschen

Danke, daß Du Dir Zeit nimmst, mir einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen, ich freue mich sehr darüber! ♥