Finite

24. Februar 2008
...in cantatem! (oops! blame it on my recent reads...)
Or better not. Just let me enjoy they're finished...

La Digitessa - 100%

I finally finished my "La Digitessa" socks (ravelry pattern link) on a 7hrs drive yesterday. All has been said about the pattern when I finished sock #1, I only could add another ♥ for it...

The Wollmeise yarn is soft and beautiful as I'm used to and the pattern - though demanding indeed - is really wonderful to work with. Yarnissima did great work (Thank you!).

I was struggling hard how to present those socks right, but I didn't find a good way. Too many lovely details, and I just wasn't able to make pictures that capture everything. In spite of not having pretty pics, here's a shot of the socks laid out flat and an additional shot of the X-wise crossing cuff pattern, which I mirrored for the second sock to achieve a "V"-shape when worn.
The socks weren't blocked, so they look a bit...eh... different... in the pictures, but they are absolutely adorable when worn, trust me on that one!

Now... Enjoy a sunny sunday afternoon!

Kommentare:

  1. Pretty, pretty, pretty. I love the pattern details and the wonderful color of the wollmeise yarn.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. OMG I never knew that this was you sew-mad - congratulations, the socks look totally awesome, gratuliere!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. 7hoursdrive.... hmmmmm
    wonderful socks. admire your patience. i never managed to finish a pair. too boring to do the second. hihi.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Beautiful, Katrin.
    I am in awe. They surely look difficult and so well made.

    Schraeges Foto *g*

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Wow! Gratuliere! Die Socken sind echt super scheeeeeeee!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Want, want, want!!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. absolutely beautiful, your knits are always so pretty!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Those socks look amazing!! That's some really gorgeous knitting - and what a cool pattern.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Perfection! Congratulations, Katrin!

    AntwortenLöschen

Danke, daß Du Dir Zeit nimmst, mir einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen, ich freue mich sehr darüber! ♥